Live, Instructor-Led Online Training
Fully-interactive, online sessions with an industry expert instructor
Lifetime LMS Access
Globally-available learning system access, forever
Certificate of Completion
Industry-recognized certification after a brief course assessment
Expert technical team available for query resolution
DevOps Training has been designed to understand the significance of DevOps. This training would enable us to grasp the concepts of how DevOps transformation can help focus on value and streamline delivery, and also learn about the common infrastructure servers, scalability, and availability, which will be another feature of this training program. The Online DevOps Training also covers the application of Bash/Python basics and provides an understanding of the performance and security for infrastructure. The student will also learn DevOps tools like Puppets, Jenkins, Nagios, GIT, etc. during this program.
DevOps Course Objectives:
Collabera TACT’s DevOps Training takes you through the entire anatomy of DevOps culture. The curriculum consists of:
- Understand the concept of Devops and the need for Devops
- Understand cloud computing and virtualization
- Learn and Manager Version control with GIT
- Create and configure lightweight, reproducible, and portable development environments with Vagrant
- Perform Configuration management using Puppet
- Implement continuous integration(CI) with Jenkins
- Implement infrastructure monitoring with Nagios
- Understand containers using Docker
- Perform Configuration management using Chef
Get hands on practice on all the major components covered in this course
Pre-requisites for DevOps Course:
This training program is for someone who aspires to make a career as a DevOps Engineer or a Service Engineer in the Enterprise Infrastructure arena. With the basic understanding of Linux and Networking, anyone can go for this course. This training program is best suited for professionals like Project Managers, Testing Professionals, Software Developers, and Architects.
Introduction to Devops
- Define Devops
- What is Devops
- SDLC models,Lean,ITIL,Agile
- Why Devops?
- History of Devops
- Devops Stakeholders
- Devops Goals
- Important terminology
- Devops perspective
- Devops and Agile
- Devops Tools
- Configuration management
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
Introduction to Cloud computing
- What is cloud computing
- Characteristics of cloud computing
- Cloud implementation models
- Cloud service models
- Advantages of cloud computing
- Concerns of cloud computing
Introduction to Virtualization
- What is Virtualization?
- History of Virtualization
- What is Hypervisor?
- Types of Server Virtualization
- Benefits of Virtualization
- Important Virtualization products
- Why and what is Vagrant
- Uses of Vagrant in an environment
- Alternatives of Vagrant
- Vagrant versions
- Installation and Configuration
- Installing Virtual box
- How to install Vagrant on Windows
- Configuring Vagrant
- Provisioning with Vagrant
- Creating first VM with Vagrant
- Operations on the VM
- Connecting to the VM
- Add required Images to Vagrant
- Using Vagrant.
GIT: Version Control
- Version control systems
- Local, Centralized and distributed
- Installing Git
- Installing on Linux
- Installing on Windows
- Initial setup
- Git Essentials
- Creating repository
- Cloning, check-in and committing
- Fetch pull and remote
Chef for configuration management
- Overview of Chef
- Common Chef Terminology (Server, Workstation, Client, Repository etc.)
- Servers and Nodes
- Chef Configuration Concepts
- Workstation Setup
- How to configure knife
- Execute some commands to test connection between knife and workstation
- Organization Setup
- Create organization
- Add yourself and node to organization
- Test Node Setup
- Create a server and add to organization
- Check node details using knife
- Node Objects and Search
- How to Add Run list to Node
- Check node Details
- How to create Environments
- Add servers to environments
- Create roles
- Add Roles to organization
Puppet for configuration management
- What is Puppet?
- How puppet works
- Puppet Architecture
- Master and Agents
- Configuration Language
- Resource Abstraction Layer
- Transactional Layer
- Installation and Configuration
- Installing Puppet
- Configuring Puppet Master and Agent
- Connecting Agents
- Puppet Master
- Puppet configuration tree
- Puppet configuration files
- Puppet Language Basics
- The declarative language
- Resource Collectors
- Virtual Resources
- Exported Resources
- Relationships and Ordering
- Modules and Classes
- Class Parameters
- Defined Types
- Puppet Language Advanced
- Conditional statement
- If Else
- Case and Selectors
- More Conditionals and Logic
- Resource relationship
- Static Contents Explosion
- Using Dynamic Content with Templates
- Templates Overview
- Example Code Manifests/Modules
- NTP Module
- Users Module
- Introduction and Installation
- Obtaining Nagios
- Compiling and installing Nagios
- Basic configuration
- Creating a new host and service
- Creating a new e-mail contact
- Verifying configuration
- Creating a host group and service group
- Creating a new contact group
- Creating a new time period
- Plugins and commands
- Finding and installation of a Plugin
- Removing a plugin
- Creating a new command
- Customizing commands
- Using Nagios GUI
- Scheduling downtimes
- Generating reports
- Configuring notification
- Configuring checks
- Managing Flapping
- NRPE Monitoring
- Enabling Remote Execution
- Monitoring local services on a remote machine with NRPE
- Setting the listening address for NRPE
- Setting allowed client hosts for NRPE
- Creating new NRPE command definitions securely
- Creating a custom NRPE script.
Jenkins – Continuous Integration
- Understanding continuous integration
- Introduction about Jenkins
- Build Cycle
- Jenkins Architecture
- Obtaining and installing Jenkins
- Installing and configuring GIT
- Java installation and configuration
- Maven Installation
- Exploring Jenkins Dashboard.
- Creating Jobs
- Running the Jobs
- Adding and updating Plugins
- Disabling and deleting jobs
- Build Deployments
- Understanding Deployment.
- Tomcat installation and configuration
- Deployment Plugins
- Deploying a war file from Jenkins to Tomcat
- Securing Jenkins
- Jenkins Plugin
- Creating users
- Best Practices for Jenkins
- What is a Docker
- Use case of Docker
- Platforms for Docker
- Dockers vs Virtualization
- Docker Architecture.
- Important Docker components
- Understanding the Docker components
- Installing Docker on Linux.
- Understanding Installation of Docker on Windows.
- Some Docker commands.
- Docker Hub.
- Downloading Docker images.
- Running Docker images
- Running commands in container.
- Running multiple containers.
- Custom images
- Creating a custom image.
- Running a container from the custom image.
- Publishing the custom image.
- Docker Networking
- Accessing containers
- Linking containers
- Exposing container ports
- Container Routing
- Introduction to Ansible
- Ansible Agent less Architecture
- Ansible Inventories
- Ansible Modules
- Ansible Playbooksg
Our Instructors are subject matter experts who have great industry experience and have extensively worked in their respective fields. Also, the instructors are certified to train on various subjects.
In order to attend a LIVE class in an uninterrupted manner you should have a minimum of 2 Mbps connection.
Our Learning Management System (LMS) enables you to access the recorded sessions of the trainings at any time for reference purposes. We also have a dedicated support team which helps you in case you need any clarifications on the concepts or support in debugging or installations etc.
You get a lifetime access to our Learning Management System.
Yes, there is a provision for group discounts. For more information please contact us at email@example.com.
Yes, based on some evaluation parameters like – attendance in sessions, objective examination and others, you will be awarded a Collabera TACT certification upon the completion of the training.