This online course is designed to provide the right expertise in creating an application for the Windows 8 platform, by understanding the differences between Windows 8 and the previous environments.
Windows App Development Certification
The Windows mobile platform has a small market share when compared to the Android and iOS platforms, but is slowly picking the market share and is already showing a lot of promise. The course has been created to give a boost in the new environment, understand the differences between Windows 8 and the previous environments. By the end of the course, the participant would be able to create an application for the Windows 8 platform.
Module 1 : OOPS Basics
- Objects and classes
Module 2: Getting started with Java
- OOPS Basics (Objects, classes, abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance, overloading, exception handling etc)
- Understand the standard Java API
- Java basics (constructors, for-while loops and decision making)
- Data types
- Interfaces and enums
- Dynamic data storage (I/O basics, HashMaps, iterators etc)
- Threading concepts
- Exception handling
- Database & JDBC
- Memory management
- Developing/debugging/deploying Android projects through Eclipse
Module 3: Using Android Studio for developing apps
- – Project settings
- Using the WYSIWYG editor
- Translations editor
- Refactoring and quick fixes
- App signing
- Template based wizards
- Integrating with GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
Module 4: Introduction to Android Development
- Basic architecture of Android platform
- Download and install the required tools
- Create a simple application
- Run the simple application in the Android emulator
- Android application life cycle
Module 5: Android UI design and Event Handling
- List View
Module 6: Menus
Module 7: Intents
- Objectives of intent
- Explicit and implicit intents
Module 8: Alerts and Dialogs
Module 9: Database programming
Module 10: Accessing and programming for the hardware
Module 11: WebServices integration
- Implementing a simple webservice provider in Java
- SOAP integration and parsing
- JSON integration and parsing
Module 12: Geo module
- Fetch users current location
- Display it on the map
- Provide the recommendations based on the location
Module 13: Deploying and publishing the Android application
- Package the application
- Sign the application
- Publish it to AppStore
Module 14: Projects
The participants would be building the following Android applications
- An application for the Company Board Members. The application will allow the board members to securely share the documents with each other, make annotations, track the meetings etc.
- An ecommerce application which used the different API (like BestBuy, Amazon etc) and provide a comparison of a particular product and also an option to but the product from one of the vendor.
Module 15: What’s next?
Learning never ends, in this module the participants will be provided what are the different topics which need to be further pursued.
Our Instructors are certified professionals and are subject matter experts with extensive industry experience.
2 Mbps of internet speed is preferable to attend the LIVE classes.
The recorded session for the class will be available on the LMS for your reference. We also have a support team, so in case you need any clarification on concepts or help in debug or installation etc, the support team will help you on it.
The access to the training infrastructure services will be for first 120 days OR 4 months.
Yes, we do offer group discounts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after you successfully complete the training program.
No Reviews found for this course.