Collabera TACT has been ranked 1st amongst the Top 10 IoT Training InstitutesRead More
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical objects, devices, vehicles, buildings and other items, embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity, which enables these objects to collect and exchange data.
Advanced Internet of Things– IoT Certification
The Internet of Things (IoT) is ushering a new era in science and technology, which will forever change our personal as well as professional lives, our consumer habits and the way we do business. With the fast changing world, these latest inventions and innovations will become the norm by 2020 and we estimate more than 50 billion devices will be connected via the Internet. In order to create early adopters, we have introduced a one of its kind course on ‘Internet of Things’, the next big thing in the IT industry.
Why is Advanced IoT in Demand?
IoT extends computing and Internet connectivity from the most used devices like desktop and portable computers, smartphones and tablets to various variants of devices and everyday things. The data captured on these devices through sensors reveals interesting patterns with latent business values.
Businesses are increasingly interested in leveraging insights derived from data to gain value creation. This amazing technology is creating enormous opportunities for businesses to reap greater benefits by enhancing resource efficiencies and increasing productivity.
IoT Course Curriculum
The course is designed for professionals with basic knowledge of electronic circuit design, microcontrollers and programming languages. The course introduces you to advance concepts and methodologies to design, build, and deploy IoT solutions. It introduces participants to prevalent communication technologies and protocols including new generation IoT friendly application and physical layer protocols. Participants will gain a sound understanding of widely accepted IoT frameworks and standards. The course covers popular, service-rich cloud platforms to teach how to build and deploy IoT solutions. Practical use-cases and case studies have been included to make learning more pragmatic and experiential.
How Can Collabera TACT Certification Add Value?
Collabera TACT’s Internet of Things (IoT) certification is industry recognized and widely accepted. Collabera TACT is a globally renowned organization with a presence in more than 10 countries. It serves more than 400 clients through 59 offices. TACT has trained more than 65000 professionals on emerging technologies from over 180 countries. TACT’s training programs have bagged many awards and accolades internationally. Internet of Things (IoT) training programs have been holding number 1 position consecutively for the last two years.
Pre-requisites for Internet of Thing – IoT Course:
Computer fundamentals and basic programming.
Advanced Internet of Things Learning outcomes
- Expert level knowledge of IoT technology, tools and trends.
- Sound understanding of core concepts, background technologies, and sub-domains of IoT.
- Knowledge and skills of sensors, microcontrollers, and communication interfaces to design and build IoT devices.
- Knowledge and skills to design and build network based on client-server and publish-subscribe to connect, collect data, monitor and manage assets.
- Knowledge and skill to write device, gateway and server side scripts and apps to aggregate and analyze sensor data.
- Knowledge and skills to select application layer protocols and web services architectures for seamless integration of various components of an IoT ecosystem.
- Knowledge of standard development initiatives and reference architectures.
- Understanding of deploying various types of analytics on machine data to define context, find faults, ensure quality, and extract actionable insights.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure, services, APIs, and architectures of commercial and industrial cloud platforms.
- Understanding of prevalent computing architectures – distributed, centralized, edge, and Fog.
Concepts & Definitions – Identification, localization, wireless protocols, data storage and security; Collecting, communicating, coordinating, and leveraging the data from connected devices; understand how to develop and implement IoT technologies, solutions, and applications. Machine Learning, Distributed Computing, Artificial Intelligence.
- IoT Network Architecture
- IoT Device Architecture
- IoT Application Architecture
- Client Server vs Publish Subscribe Architecture
- Wired Communication Protocols – UART, USART, SPI, I2C, ModBUS, CAN
- Wireless Communication Protocols – Bluetooth, Beacons, WiFi, Overview of Zigbee, 6lowPAN, LPWAN and other IoT communication technologies and protocols (coverage area, frequency range, power usage, interference aspects and legalities)
- Networking Protocols – OSI Reference Model, TCP/IP, Ethernet
- Application Protocols – HTTP, Web sockets, MQTT, Overview of CoAP, XMPP, AMQP
- Device management, discovery, addressing
- Device to Device or Machine to Machine communication (M2M)
- Sensors – Classification & selection criteria based on nature, frequency and amplitude of signal
- Embedded Development Boards – Arduino, Raspberry Pi, NodeMCU, ESP8266
- Interfacing peripherals & Programming GPIOs – Input/output peripherals, Sensor modules
- Design Considerations – Cost, Performance, Scalability & Power Consumption tradeoffs
- Overview of Operating Systems for IoT Devices: Linux, Contiki, Riot, Brillo
- Concept & Architecture of Cloud
- Role of Cloud Computing in IoT
- Tools, API and Platform for integration of IoT devices with Cloud
- IoT cloud platform and integration with Gateway (Thingspeak, AWS IoT and Pubnub)
- Web services and APIs
Over view of Analytics and Security
- Programming microcontrollers (Arduino, NodeMCU).
- Building HTTP and MQTT based M2M networks.
- Interfacing Analog and Digital sensors with microcontroller to learn real-time data acquisition, storage and analysis on IoT endpoints and edges.
- Interfacing SD card with microcontroller for data logging on IoT end devices using SPI protocol.
- Interfacing Real-time clock module with microcontrollers for time and date stamping using I2C protocol.
- Python exercises to check quality of acquired data.
- Developing microcontroller based applications to understand event based real time processing and in-memory computations.
- Setting up Raspberry Pi as Gateway to aggregate data from thin clients.
- Python programming on Raspberry Pi to analyze collected data.
- GPIO programming using Python and remote monitoring /control.
- Pushing collected data to cloud platforms.
- Designing sensor nodes to collect multiple parameters (Temperature, Humidity, etc).
- Uploading data on local gateway as cache.
- Uploading data on cloud platforms.
- Monitoring and controlling devices using android user apps and Bluetooth interfaces.
- Building wireless sensor networks using WiFi.
- Sensor data uploading on cloud using GSM/GPRS.
- Device to device communication using LoRa modules.
- Remote controlling machines using cloud based apps.
- Remote controlling machines using device based apps through cloud as an intermediate node.
- Interfacing Raspberry Pi with AWS IoT Gateway service to exchange messages.
- Interfacing Raspberry Pi with PUBNUB cloud to understand publish/subscribe architecture and MQTT protocol.
- Data cleaning, sub setting and visualization.
- Set of python exercises to demonstrate descriptive and predictive analytics.
- Case study/Use case:
- Environment Monitoring
- Health monitoring (Wearable)
- Asset performance monitoring
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Arduino Mega (ATMega2560) with USB cable
- ESP8266 NodeMcu
- Sensors – Analog temperature sensor(LM35)
- IR Proximity Sensor
- Switches – Push Button (10)
- LEDs (10)
- Resistors (10)
- Connecting leads (25)
- Memory Card (16 GB)
- HDMI – VGA Converter
- 1A Power Adapter
- WiFi – ESP01
- Bluetooth – HC05
The duration of the course is 48 hours which includes 18 hours of theoretical sessions and 30 hours of hands on sessions.
Internet of Things has a wide horizon for the IT professionals, electrical and electronics engineers, designers and solution architecture. It can also be a boon for the existing and budding entrepreneurs who are interested in building solutions for their customers. Professional working in other sectors like pharmaceutical, real estate, sales, finance, designing, manufacturing, electrical, retail, healthcare, etc. can also take benefit from IoT solutions. Graduates and freshers can also kick start their career with the Internet of Things.
The kit includes: Raspberry Pi 3, Arduino Mega (ATMega2560), Memory Card (16 GB), HDMI – VGA Converter, 1A Power Adapter, Sensors – Analog temperature sensor(LM35), IR Proximity Sensor, Switches – Push Button (10), Breadboard, LEDs (10), Resistors (10), Connecting leads (25), WiFi – ESP8266 ESP01/ESP12E (breakout Board) and Bluetooth – HC05 will help you to perform all the practical’s with snapshots. The hardware components will be shipped by us to your home.
Yes, all our sessions are recorded. Therefore, if you ever miss a class, you will be able to view it on our LMS.
The course material is accessible for lifetime post-training.
After you successfully complete the training program, you will be evaluated on few parameters – Attendance in sessions, Objective examination and others. Then you will be certified by Collabera TACT.