Apache Cassandra is an open source distributed database management system designed to handle large amounts of data across many commodity servers, providing high availability with no single point of failure.
Apache Cassandra Certification
Apache Cassandra is a second generation distributed database originally open-sourced by Facebook to handle large amounts of data across many commodity servers, providing high availability with no single point of failure. It offers strong support for clusters spanning over multiple datacenters with asynchronous master less replication. Thus, allowing low latency operations for all it clients. Instead of master-slave model, which is incorporated by major popular databases, Cassandra makes use of peer-to-peer model. It makes the writes and reads extremely scalable and allows nodes to function in case of partition tolerance. Collabera TACT’s ‘Apache Cassandra’ training is specifically designed by addressing these issues of relational database and how a NoSQL database system serves as a potent remedy to serve those issues.
During the training the participants will go through every aspect of Cassandra database starting from installation of Cassandra to communication with Cassandra, how to create a database, create a table and insert a model data. Furthermore, eminent concepts like creating an application, updating and deleting data, selecting hardware, adding nodes to a cluster, monitoring a cluster, repairing and removing nodes and re-defining a cluster will also be explored, in depth.
Why go for Apache Cassandra Training?
Major companies such as Accenture, Answers.Com, AOL, Apigee, Applifier, Avast, Avira, BlackBerry Dell, Docomo, Expedia, GE, Godaddy use Apache CassandraTM. Cassandra is undoubtedly in the forefront of the NoSQL origination, providing higher scalability and thus allowing companies to store petabytes of data.
Cassandra’s unique feature allows handling huge workloads across multiple datacenters, with not a single point of failure. This feature of Cassandra provides enterprises with greater database availability and performance. Cassandra is an open-source project, which allows you to use the source code and modify it as per your organizational requirements. According to various surveys posted by job portals, it is predicted that, the job prospective for Cassandra is growing at the rate of 200%. Google trends shows exponential growth of Jobs in Apache Cassandra –
- Indeed: 3400+
- Simplyhired: 7000+
- LinkedIn: 1300+
- Naukri: 200+
- Recruit.net: 2500+
Learning Benefits from Collabera Tact Training
Post-completion of this course with Collabera TACT, all participants will be able to gain enough experience and proficiency to successfully carry out projects with Cassandra, such as –
- Understand how to choose the correct use cases for Cassandra
- Understand NoSQL domain and the issues involved with RDBMS
- Learn how to port existing application from relational database to Cassandra
- Install and operate Cassandra and know how to use Cassandra tools
- Integration of Cassandra with Hadoop and Spring
- Will be able to Java codes to interact with Cassandra
- Become conversant with Cassandra architecture
- Master designing and modeling applications for Cassandra. Deep dive into the critical architecture paths of Cassandra: Bloom filters, Block Indexes, SSTables, etc.
Audience/Who should consider this Course?
This training will be extremely useful for developers and Java architects, also for those software professionals in particular who aspire to learn the ropes of Cassandra and implement it in practice. The Collabera TACT Apache Cassandra certification will certainly help IT professionals add weight to their profile, and typically earn more compared to their non-certified peers. The certified professionals can look for career paths such as Senior Software Professional, IT Consultants, Lead Software Professionals, and Database Administrators. According to a recent survey conducted by our in house staffing, the average salary of a certified professional in this field ranges from $75,000 to $132,000.
There are no pre-requisites, however, it is expected that the participants has basic knowledge of,
- Fundamental knowledge of Java programming
- Basic understanding of any database, SQL, and query language for databases
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix based systems.
Module 1 : NoSQL Databases
- Relational DB vs. NoSQL
- Type of NoSQL Databases
- NoSQL Landscape
- CAP Theorem and Eventual Consistency
- Key Characteristics of NoSQL Database systems
- ACID vs BASE
Module 2: Cassandra Fundamentals
- Distributed and Decentralized
- Elastic Scalability
- High Availability and Fault Tolerance
- Tuneable Consistency
- High Performance
Module 3: The Cassandra Data Model
- The Relational Data Model
- A Simple Introduction
- Hands-on Session
Module 4: Installation and Setup of Cassandra
- Single Node Setup
- Multi-Node Cluster Setup
- Key Configurations for Cassandra
- CLI and Hands-On with Cassandra
Module 5: Cassandra Modeling
- Cassandra (Column Family NoSQL DB)
- Key Concepts – Key Space – Column Family – Column Family Options – Wide Rows, Skinny Row – Column Sorting – Super Columns – Counter Column Family – Composite Keys
- Secondary Indexes in Cassandra
- Difference between Custom Indexes and Secondary Indexes
- Difference between Relational Modeling and Cassandra Modeling
- Key Points to note while modeling a Cassandra Database
- Patterns and Anit-Patterns in Cassandra Modeling
Module 6: Cassandra Architecture
- Anatomy of Read operation in Cassandra
- Anatomy of Write operation in Cassandra
- How is Deletes handled in Cassandra
- System Keyspace
- Peer to Peer Model
- Gossip and Failure Detection
- Anti-Entropy and Read Repair
- Memtables, SSTables and Commit Log
- Hinted Handoff
- Bloom Filters, Tombstones
- Managers and Services
- Indexes and Caches
Module 7: Cassandra API
- Key concepts for Read and Write in Cassandra
- Tunable Consistency
- Simple Get , Multi-get Slice
- Range and Slice
- Slice Predicate
- Hands on CLI commands
Module 8: Cassandra CQSHL
- SQL over Cassandra
- Composite Keys
- Hands on examples on CQL 3.0
Module 9: Cassandra Clients
- How to establish Client Connections
- Thrift Client
- Connection Pooling
- Auto-discovery and Failover in Hector
- Client with CQL
Module 10: Cassandra Monitoring and Administration
- Tuning Cassandra
- Backup and Recovery methods
- Node Tools Commands
- Monitoring critical metrics
- Bulk Loading Data to Cassandra
- Bulk Export of Data from Cassandra
- Hands on Examples
Module 11: Cassandra Analytics Cluster
- Cassandra Hadoop Integration
- Integration of Solr with Cassandra
- Search Query on Cassandra
Our Instructors are certified professionals and are subject matter experts with extensive industry experience.
2 Mbps of internet speed is preferable to attend the LIVE classes.
The recorded session for the class will be available on the LMS for your reference. We also have a support team, so in case you need any clarification on concepts or help in debug or installation etc, the support team will help you on it.
The access to the training infrastructure services will be for first 120 days OR 4 months.
Yes, we do offer group discounts, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after you successfully complete the training program.