Collabera TACT has been ranked 1st amongst the Top 10 IoT Training Institutes in India – 2016. Read More
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical objects, devices, vehicles, buildings and other items, embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity, which enables these objects to collect and exchange data.
This Training program is approved by Singapore Skillconnect / SSG.
Internet of Things – IoT Certification
The Internet of Things (IoT) is ushering a new era in science and technology, which will forever change our personal as well as professional lives, our consumer habits and the way we do business. With the fast changing world, these latest inventions and innovations will become the norm by 2020 and we estimate more than 50 billion devices will be connected via the Internet. In order to create early adopters, we have introduced a one of its kind course on ‘Internet of Things’, the next big thing in the IT industry.
Why IoT Is In Demand?
IoT extends the Internet from most used devices like desktop and portable computers, Smartphone’s and tablets to various variants of devices and everyday things that utilize embedded technology to speak and act with the external surroundings, all via the internet.
Learn how you can derive deep business insight from the Internet of Things (IoT) while boosting your skills from Collabera TACT and be future ready.
IoT Course Curriculum Consists
The course is designed for professionals with basic knowledge of electronic circuit design, microcontrollers and programming languages. The course introduces you to advance concepts and design methodologies to design IoT systems and develop IoT applications. It also exposes participants to communication technologies and legacy protocols as well as newly developed IoT specific application and physical layer protocols. The course covers python language in great detail with set of packages which makes it obvious choice as a leading IoT language.
The training also educates you on the emerging low-cost credit-card sized computer – Raspberry Pi. Raspberry Pi can be plugged into TVs and monitors and uses standard keyboard and mouse. This mini device enables professionals to explore computing and learn programming in languages like Python.
How Can Collabera TACT Certification Add Value?
Collabera TACT’s Internet of Things (IOT) certification consists of industry standard course, which includes not only theoretical understanding of the different sensors, cloud platform and gateways, but also hands-on integration of IoT components with Cloud platform. With the help of this course, you can gain in-depth knowledge of IoT applications and build your own end-to-end solution and that too, in as little as 3 months. This training will also be beneficial from a business point of view as you can derive insights on making your business model IoT ready.
Basics Computer Knowledge. Knowledge on C / C++ / Embedded C would be beneficial however not mandatory since the basics will be covered as a part of training.
Concepts & Definitions –Identification, localization, wireless protocols, data storage and security; Collecting, communicating, coordinating, and leveraging the data from connected devices; understand how to develop and implement IoT technologies, solutions, and applications. Machine Learning, Distributed Computing, Artificial Intelligence.
- IoT Network Architecture
- IoT Device Architecture
- IoT Application Architecture
- Client Server vs Publish Subscribe Architecture
- Sensors – Classification & selection criteria based on nature, frequency and amplitude of signal
- Embedded Development Boards – Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel Galileo, ESP8266
- Interfacing peripherals & Programming GPIOs – Input/output peripherals, Sensor modules
- Design Considerations – Cost, Performance, Scalability & Power Consumption tradeoffs
- Overview of Operating Systems for IoT Devices: Linux, Contiki, Riot, Brillo
- Wired Communication Protocols – UART, USART, SPI, I2C, ModBUS, CAN
- Wireless Communication Protocols – Bluetooth, Beacons, WiFi, Overview of Zigbee, 6lowPAN, LPWAN and other IoT communication technologies and protocols (coverage area, frequency range, power usage, interference aspects and legalities)
- Networking Protocols – OSI Reference Model, TCP/IP, Ethernet
- Application Protocols – HTTP, Web sockets, MQTT, Overview of CoAP, XMPP, AMQP
- Device management, discovery, addressing
- Device to Device or Machine to Machine communication (M2M)
Concept & Architecture of Cloud
- Role of Cloud Computing in IoT
- Tools, API and Platform for integration of IoT devices with Cloud
- IoT cloud platform and integration with Gateway (Thingspeak, AWS IoT and Pubnub)
- Web services and APIs
Overview of IoT Analytics and Security
Hands on Sessions:
- Interfacing sensor (Analog & Digital) with MCUs
- Interfacing switches and LEDs with MCUs
- Interfacing sensors and other peripherals using SPI and I2C communication protocols
- Installation of Numpy, Panda, IoT analytics and many other python packages
- Installation and Working with Ipython notebooks
- Learning python fundamentals and programming
- Running python on Raspberry Pi, GPIO programming
- Setting up wireless (bluetooth) link between systems
- Configuring bluetooth module by using AT commands
- Configuring and uploading data on cloud using WiFi ESP8266 module using AT commands
- Programming ESP8266 module using LUA and Micropython to access/upload data on cloud
- Setting up HTTP server and testing HTTP methods on local host and with cloud
- Setting up MQTT server and testing publish & subscribe methods
- Understanding TCP/IP protocol and pushing and pulling data from cloud using Restful APIs.
- Understanding differences between TCP and UDP protocols practically
- Setting up a private cloud/server on Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Arduino Mega (ATMega2560) with USB cable
- ESP8266 NodeMcu
- Sensors – Analog temperature sensor(LM35)
- IR Proximity Sensor
- Switches – Push Button (10)
- LEDs (10)
- Resistors (10)
- Connecting leads (25)
- Memory Card (16 GB)
- HDMI – VGA Converter
- 1A Power Adapter
- WiFi – ESP01
- Bluetooth – HC05
The duration of the course is 48 hours which includes 18 hours of theoretical sessions and 30 hours of hands on sessions.
Internet of Things has a wide horizon for the IT professionals, electrical and electronics engineers, designers and solution architecture. It can also be a boon for the existing and budding entrepreneurs who are interested in building solutions for their customers. Professional working in other sectors like pharmaceutical, real estate, sales, finance, designing, manufacturing, electrical, retail, healthcare, etc. can also take benefit from IoT solutions. Graduates and freshers can also kick start their career with the Internet of Things.
The kit includes: Raspberry Pi 3, Arduino Mega (ATMega2560), Memory Card (16 GB), HDMI – VGA Converter, 1A Power Adapter, Sensors – Analog temperature sensor(LM35), IR Proximity Sensor, Switches – Push Button (10), Breadboard, LEDs (10), Resistors (10), Connecting leads (25), WiFi – ESP8266 ESP01/ESP12E (breakout Board) and Bluetooth – HC05 will help you to perform all the practical’s with snapshots. The hardware components will be shipped by us to your home.
Yes, all our sessions are recorded. Therefore, if you ever miss a class, you will be able to view it on our LMS.
The course material is accessible for lifetime post-training.
After you successfully complete the training program, you will be evaluated on few parameters – Attendance in sessions, Objective examination and others. Then you will be certified by Collabera TACT.